WE ARE HIRING!
Kootenay Backcountry Guides is hiring ACMG Ski Guides, Aspirant Ski Guides, and CAA professional members to join our team for the 2022-23 winter season. We seek enthusiastic individuals passionate about guiding and sharing their skill sets to enable our guests to access the backcountry confidently.
WHO WE ARE
Since 2016-17, Kootenay Backcountry Guides has provided avalanche education and guiding experiences based out of Nelson, B.C. Our private guided tours and avalanche education courses are focused in the backcountry around Whitewater Ski Resort and Kootenay Pass. We also run lodge trips and lodge-based AST-2 courses out of various lodges in B.C. Throughout the spring, we run basecamps and traverses.
We enable people to access the backcountry confidently through our safety-orientated fun-focused adventures and courses.
- The promotion of backcountry safety and fun.
- Strengthen the local backcountry community.
- Mountain professionals sharing our expertise and love of the backcountry.
- Backcountry Stewardship
EXPERIENCES WE PROVIDE
Guided Tours (various lengths/group sizes, private/public), AST Courses (AST-1/AST-2/MAT/CRS), KBG Backcountry 101 Courses (Ski Touring/Splitboarding 101, Snow Science 101, Backcountry Rescue 101, Navigation 101). Visit our website to learn more about the specific products we offer, especially our AST courses as we deliver ours differently than most providers.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an enthusiastic ACMG Guide or CAA Professional who believes in building a stronger backcountry community by delivering industry-leading courses and guided trips. You are looking for 3-4 days of work per week, (with the possibility of more) throughout the winter of 2022-23. You have a strong background in teaching and love sharing your expertise with the greater backcountry community. Knowledge of the terrain surrounding Whitewater and Kootenay Pass is an asset.
- ACMG Aspirant Guide
- Valid 80- Hour first aid
- CAA Professional Membership (or CSGA/ACMG equivalency)
- Valid 80-First Aid
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Training on how to provide our courses and guided tours.
- Park Permits, Liability insurance.
- Pay Rates are based on experience + commitment + certifications
- Vehicle allowance for travel to our courses and tours.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please complete this form
- Email your resume with references to:
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.